broken but not crushed

Helping each other live successfully and abundantly in the face of brokenness.

Name:
Location: Columbus, Central Ohio, United States

Monday, October 02, 2006

I'm back!

Dear Friends,
Over the last week I’ve had no less than 7 people ask me where my blog was. They then told me they and their friends read it religiously and that they all got a lot from it, and now they missed it. Truth be told, I took a break. When I started blogging I really didn’t intend to work so hard at it. Honestly, I found myself spending more time, energy, and passion writing those blogs than I was able to invest. I read other people’s blogs and it seemed they just wrote what was in their hearts and let the chips fall where they fell.

So, I decided to take a break, evaluate what I had done, get some feedback from people (a shot in the dark), and figure out why it wasn’t any fun anymore. Surely this medium of blogging was supposed to be more enjoyable than what I was experiencing – and to be truthful, I wasn’t even sure very many people even cared. So I stopped. And for nearly a month not one soul even wrote or called to ask why. Obviously that statistic has changed.

In the meantime I’ve been working in my woodshop, started an online store with Susie, and got a regular weekly program and have been interviewing political characters at the Voice Corp radio station. I’ve also been working in my studio - wrote a new song and sequenced and recorded several others. I’ve also had an article published in the September / October issue of Holiness Today called “Connecting With the Broken”. It’s published in 14 languages and over the internet and podcast – hey, I’m an internationally published author – pretty cool, huh!

I guess you could say I haven’t exactly been sitting around with my hands folded in my lap. But I really DO want to get back to blogging now that I know someone out there is reading my stuff. But it might look and feel a little different from what was there before – a little less polished and a bit more “real”, at least from my point of view. That way I don’t have to work so hard to get out what I want to say. And that way I will WANT to do it instead of it being something I thought I HAD to do.

So until next time, hang in there my friends. I really AM glad to be back…

Still learning,
Dwight

2 Comments:

Blogger Bethy said...

I can not tell you how happy I am that you are back. Reading your posts every morning is part of my daily routine. I enjoy everything you have to say and find myself thinking about it all day. It's been a daily devotion, so to speak. Thank you for coming back.

I've been wanting to comment on how much I enjoy your blog for awhile now, but felt kind of silly doing so seeing as it has been so long since seeing you. I wasn't even sure you'd know who I am. But, now is definatly the time to tell you how much I enjoy your blog. It is a great encouragement! Thanks again for coming back! :0)

10/04/2006  
Blogger hennhouse said...

Welcome back. I've missed your insights.

10/05/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home